Money is energy. We can attract or send it away from us easily just using our thoughts and feelings. Like attracts like. When we feel like we do not have enough of it or cling to it out of fear that there will not be enough in the future, we attract that reality into our lives. When we feel like we have plenty, that there is more than enough to share, that it is always flowing to us easily, that is what we create. I don’t know about you, but I much prefer the sound of the second scenario to the first.
So how do we begin attracting more money into our lives? We begin by taking an assessment of our current beliefs about money. When we know what we really believe, we can change anything that is incongruous to what we desire to create. As you write answers to the following questions, write what first comes to mind and keep writing until you have nothing else to write about that question.
- What are your earliest memories about money?
- What did your parents/caretakers believe or tell you about money?
- What was your awareness about your family’s finances while you were growing up?
- What is money? How do you feel about money?
- How does one get more money?
- How do you feel about people who have more money than you?
- How do you feel about people who have less money than you?
- What are signs of wealth to you?
- How do you feel when you see something you would like to buy? What do you think?
- How do you feel when you think about spending money?
- How does it make you feel to see other people spending money?
Now, look over your answers objectively and notice if you’ve written anything about money that conflicts with how you would like your experience of money to be like. For example, perhaps you were told and believe that money is scarce and that “there’s never enough.” If you would like your new reality to be of having more than enough money, that’s a belief that needs to be changed.
Also notice the beliefs you have that support your ideal relationship with money. Perhaps you have the belief that money comes easily to you, and that has been your experience. Yee Haw!
Once you know your subconscious beliefs about money, perhaps you can see what led to your current financial situation. Our beliefs create our reality. Figuring out our current beliefs is an important first step to creating and attracting the wealth we desire.