Have you ever looked back on a situation or decision and thought, “Whoa! That was a mistake.” What I know to be true is that there is no such thing as a mistake. Everything you have ever done had a perfect reason for being. It doesn’t matter what it is. Our job is to stop beating ourselves up and start seeing the beauty in every situation and how it helped us along our path.
How do we do that? Think about a situation you consider a mistake. Then, ask yourself these questions:
- How did that experience add to my life?
- How did that experience lead to new and wonderful experiences?
- How did that experience increase my awareness as to what I really want in my life? (Sometimes experiencing what we don’t want helps us see more clearly what we do want.)
- How was that experience exactly what I needed in my life at that time?
- How did that experience help me wake up to the amazing beauty of a creation I am? How did it make me realize even more what an incredible person I am?